topazsky

topazsky

The Arrivals - Melissa Marr I was fortunate enough to get an ARC of this at RT this year. That made me happy since I had been wanting to read it anyway. I'm so glad I did!First of all, let me say that I'm not a big wild west fan. I never have been; dusty towns and cowboy shoot-outs have never interested me. But throw in some supernatural time-travely stuff and a band of misfits, and I am in!The Arrivals tells the story of the Arrivals - people from our world that for one reason or another get transported to this place called the Wasteland. They come from different time periods, and the only thing they have in common is that they did some bad things when in this world.I won't say anything else because it needs to be read to fully understand. (Actually, I don't know that the world can be fully understood.) If you've read anything else by Melissa Marr then you know how good she is. This is an adult book, meaning there is cussing and some mild sexy times, but it is just as entertaining as her YA.